Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Revive & EZ Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Revive & EZ Pool

I'd love to get feedback from any and all who have tried or used these API products. I like the floc-like claims for Revive, and the spray-over-the-pool application method. Thoughts? Experiences?
    http://www.swimmingpool.com/

"Leave the gun...take the cannolis"

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Revive & EZ Pool

I would stay away from EZ Pool. See this topic for a little more info.

Revive seems to be some combination of phosphate remover and/or floc treatment. Neither are normally needed and I don't see any advantage to their spay application. It will be much easier to accidentally get chemicals on the deck or nearby vegetation with spray application, so I would avoid it even if you do need a phosphate remover or floc treatment.

API doesn't show any indication of publishing MSDS, which is always a bad sign.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I have used EZ Pool and have not had good experiences with it. I would not use it again and would rather have a relative or someone come by to put in the needed chemicals into the pool if I was to be gone over a week or something of that matter. Just my 2 cents.
    Chad R.

POOL SIZE: 16 x 32' Vinyl lined pool. 22,000 gallons. 8' deep. 2009 Hayward 1.5 HP Super Pump. Hayward S310S 30" 500 lb Sand filter. 1 skimmer and 2 returns. Solar Blanket.

Pics of my pool: http://s307.photobucket.com/albums/nn312/reindeerboy/

4. Back To Top    #4

Chad,

Just FYI. budster is in the pool maintenance business so using BBB with only one visit every week can be more challenging. That's why he tends to talk about the "extra cost" chemicals that the residential pool owners on this forum tend to avoid, such as flocculants and phosphate removers.

Richard
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Actually I'm in the distribution business, and a number of my customers are service companies. Regardless, I'm very much into NOT suggesting useless "add-on" products that don't produce value for the homeowner. I'm happier selling products that work.

I appreciate your feedback. I attended a web session hosted by the manufacturer of those products, and was skeptical. I appreciate a good phosphate remover, and a good flocculant. I don't believe in "magic" products. 8)
    http://www.swimmingpool.com/

"Leave the gun...take the cannolis"