1"x1" glass tile over diamond brite?

aras61

Mar 6, 2023
Florida
I am planning to renovate my pool and I need some advice. I have diamandbrite pool with waterline glass tile. I am planning to install 1"x1" glass tiles.
What would be the right way of doing this project? Should I remove the waterline tiles or can I use some kind f bonding agent after I sand them? Would adhesive bond on diamondbrite?
Thank you for any help in advance.

Welcome to TFP.

Remove the old tiles and plaster and use thinset to fasten new tiles onto a clean gunite surface.

Here is the recommended glass tile installation process from Oceanside Glass & Tile...

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0429/0022/6199/files/OGT-Pool-Water-Feature-Installation.pdf?v=1625588595
1626430671428-png.355575
full
full

You mean you are going to tile your whole pool? What color is the tile you picked out? That will be SO pretty when it is done. It is also going to be a LOT of work. I hope you share pics as the work is done!

Thank you for the response. It is very informative. It seems like a lot of work. I wish there was a way to tile over the Diamondbrite. Is there any product that I can use to bond over Diamondbrite? I already chipped the hollow spots and ready to patch. But I am not sure if Hydropan or Red Guard would bond over Diamondbrite. Any thoughts?

Welcome to TFP.

Remove the old tiles and plaster and use thinset to fasten new tiles onto a clean gunite surface.

Here is the recommended glass tile installation process from Oceanside Glass & Tile...

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0429/0022/6199/files/OGT-Pool-Water-Feature-Installation.pdf?v=1625588595
1626430671428-png.355575
full
full
Thank you for the response. It is very informative. It seems like a lot of work. I wish there was a way to tile over the Diamondbrite. Is there any product that I can use to bond over Diamondbrite? I already chipped the hollow spots and ready to patch. But I am not sure if Hydropan or Red Guard would bond over Diamondbrite. Any thoughts?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.