1 HP or 1.5 HP or more

Don12

Jul 19, 2021
Ontario
I have a 26300 gal pool which is about 25 years old. It is 55ft from the pump and filter and I have determined it to have 180 ft of head and 55GPM. I have 1 1/2 " pipe and currently a 1HP motor which now needs replacing. Could I go with a 1.5 HP pump or higher?

Welcome to TFP.

Why do you want to go higher HP when most folks are going to run VS pumps at low speeds and HP?

Welcome to TFP :)

Low and slow is the new greatness... VS pumps are the best option right now and way better than single speed pumps...

How much flow does your solar require?

What solar controller do you have?

A VS would work perfect for your setup... You could set exactly how many hours to run the solar and how many hours to run a lower RPM for normal filtering... :)

I have a 26300 gal pool which is about 25 years old. It is 55ft from the pump and filter and I have determined it to have 180 ft of head and 55GPM.
How did you determine that? There is no way you can have 180 ft of head with a residential pool pump. There would be no flow.

Hint: Head loss is related to pipe length but does not equal it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.