1. Cant Shock w/o getting Iron Stains & 2. Sodium Bicarb Making Water Milky

ok... AA worked like a charm on my stains!! I love this site :)
Ascorbic acid is just vitamin C. If you only have light staining now and don’t want to spend a lot on the AA stuff, you can just buy the cheapest vitamin c tablets you can find, crush them up in a wet sock and wipe that directly on the stains. Also I just read this entire thread, and I’m wondering how old your house is? My house was built in the 60’s and it has an mis mash of different pluming pipes. It’s got everything from modern pex, PVC, copper to the old galvanized pipes. The galvanized stuff will sometimes start to give off rust. In my house I have just this one bathtub that when I turn it on the water flows brown for just a few seconds. The tub does stain. I don’t have any iron out of any other faucets in the house, and no iron staining anywhere else. It could be that just the one particular spigot you’re using could be the issue. Eventually you might consider getting your water tested for iron from you different spigots, if your house is older. If your house is like mine, you might find that only that one particular spigot has a lot of iron.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.