0 salt reading, salt cell is generating

BigSexy

Oct 15, 2022
Beaufort NC
My Hayward Swim Pure about a month ago suddenly showed 0 salt level and doesn't have screen with cell size. I have a t-15 but the screen that is supposed to show the cell size reads 88-1- 88-5. What do those numbers represent?

Good morning and welcome to TFP! :wave: Since no one has replied yet I thought it best to at least give you the link below. I didn't notice your specific issue in the article, but many other scenarios fairly close that might help with troubleshooting. Perhaps this reply will help generate some replies. The season is coming to an end for many, but we still have a lot of active members.

In the meantime, be sure to visit our Pool Care Basics page and enjoy the forum. :swim:

Since your cell is generating chlorine, you might try cleaning the sensors with rubbing alcohol. I had a similar problem last year with my Aquapure. It wasn’t reading zero, but was reading so low that it was producing a fault error with my cell. I knew from testing that the salt level was a little over 3,000. I thought for sure my cell was failing, as those were the symptoms that had shown up prior to a previous failure, but I tried cleaning the sensors and, go figure, it worked! After a quick rubdown with the alcohol, the cell was reading correctly and has been ever since. There wasn’t any visible residue, but there must have been something on them.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Since your cell is generating chlorine, you might try cleaning the sensors with rubbing alcohol. I had a similar problem last year with my Aquapure.

Hayward cells do not have a salinity sensor the way Jandy Aquapure has.

With Hayward cells salinity is a calculated number based on the volts and amps the cell is drawing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.