Pool Electrical question

ejhasan

Aug 9, 2022
Nashville, TN
Hi there,

Had a quick electrical question I was hoping someone could help me with. I have an easy touch 8 with integrated SCG transformer and board in it. I am trying to figure out how to connect the transformer for 120V (rather than 240v). Please see attached imagine. From the wiring diagram it looks like I would combine the yellow and black wire to one and then connect it to load side on the relay, and then combine the violet and white wires and connect to neutral bar? I just want to make sure I am interpreting the diagram correctly. Thanks!

Attachments

• 1695934473866.png
    1695934473866.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot (59).png
    Screenshot (59).png
    52.7 KB · Views: 9
e,

You and the diagram are correct..

That said.. Is the power to the Pump/Filter relay 240 Volts AC or 120 volts AC... If 240 and you plan to just use "half" of it to get 120, and you have a GFCI breaker, it will pop the breaker as soon as the relay closes.

What is the goal of changing the SWCG from 240 to 120???

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: 1poolman1
You are interpreting that correctly.

Combine the white and violet wires from the transformer to neutral/white wire that connects to the neutral bar.
Combine the yellow and black wires from the transformer to the load side of the relay you are using.

Please ensure the power if off before you hook this up to avoid a "shocking" experience...:)

e,

You and the diagram are correct..

That said.. Is the power to the Pump/Filter relay 240 Volts AC or 120 volts AC... If 240 and you plan to just use "half" of it to get 120, and you have a GFCI breaker, it will pop the breaker as soon as the relay closes.

What is the goal of changing the SWCG from 240 to 120???

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks for the reply. The power to the pump is 240. It's Pentair VS pump (intelliflo) so it will be hot wired at the relay. The goal of doing 120V on the Salt cell is because I don't have space for a double pole circuit breaker. Thanks for your help :)

e,

Just to be clear.. If a GFCI 240 volt breaker is what sends power to the Pump/Filter relay.. You can't just use L1 or L2 by itself. If you try it will just pop the breaker.. (Edit.. you can do it but the neutral wire has to go back to the Neutral on the Breaker and NOT the Neutral bus bar..)

If the breaker feeding the Pump/Filter relay is NOT a GFCI breaker then it will not pop..

Keep in mind that the pump should be powered by a GFCI breaker.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.