Opening our new to us pool for the first time! Unveil the swamp!

Will do on rinsing sooner than later!
1:20 pm

FC 11.5
CC 1

What is the CC really telling me? I understand that it has to do with the cholorine consuming organic things, but should I expect it to be higher during a SLAM? It is where we would expect?

It tells you the FC IS doing it's job! One of the ways to know you have finished the SLAM is that your CC is .5 or 0. Of course your water will have to look like a jewel to finish but you know you heading in the right direction.

GO FC! GO!

Kim:cat:

Thanks for the link. I am aware of the tip problem. Getting new ones the mail. Until then, though, unsteady drops! This forum us pretty great. I would have been paying a pool guy to do all the stuff we're doing, without the guidance of this forum.

6:20 pm
FC 10.5
CC 1

Had to clean out the cartridge filters. That took a while! I suspect we will repeat that tomorrow. There was lots of non-organic sediment in the pool, including sand and shingle gravel.

Untitled by Carrie, on Flickr

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Today's going to be rough with the heat. I wilt in it! that's why I need my pool!)

test at 7:15 am
FC 11.5
CC ? dropped too much to fast, but had to run out the door to add chlorine and get to an appointment.

Testing again in another 30 minutes or so.

In my investigating about our pool, I've learned we have a DiamondBrite surface, and it's on the darker side - french gray, maybe? So this pool won't be super bright, but it should still look (dark) blue and clear by the time we're done, right? This finish has some discoloration at waterlines and in Spa. sometimes it looks like a black coating. This pool is nearly 10 years old, and that's kinda the expected life/time to replaster? replastering is for sure not in our future for the next few years. Simply not in the budget. For all that this pool will be fun, it's going to be expensive. I don't think we quite knew what we were getting into when we decided to use it/maintain it for a future selling point.

9:45 AM

FC 11.5
CC - 1.5?

I can SEE a different this morning! We can see all the way into the deep end (7ft), although it's not super clear. We can make out the cleaner heads, main drain, and the vacuum at the bottom. This is so exciting!

You're on the way! What an oasis you're going to have. [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

We're cleaning out the cartridge filters after vacuuming, so no new test just yet. Going to wait till the pumps are running again before testing and adding chlorine.

The pool guy is hard at work ;)

This is the kind of water lines/ discoloration I'm seeing in the spa. When the water is clearer, I'll get a shot of the pool. In the pool it's more dark above the water, and lighter below, kinda the reverse of the spa.

Also, any suggestions on what kind of inserts we need for therapy jets (big inlets at the top), or bubbler (small inlets at the bottom)? There are also 2 returns, 2 drain covers, and 2 sidewall drains not shown in the photo above.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.