Opening our new to us pool for the first time! Unveil the swamp!

That makes sense!

I'm troubled by the aqua tint to the water. Should I still be able to get crystal clear, even if there's something else going on (metals?)? My other half keeps saying, it's pretty clear - are we done yet?

Photo update:
This was midday Untitled by Carrie, on Flickr

And this evening:

Untitled by Carrie, on Flickr

Hard to tell if there's a difference, but it seems like we are seeing the greatest changes in the morning, so hoping for continued clarity!

Mid-day shot of the deep end. I should expect to see this absolutely clearly, correct? even if it does have an aqua tint? Now it still seems a bit hazy.

And a look at some of the staining we can see now:

Auto leveler port (no equipment in the canister, so we're not opening this yet)

stain on the steps - there are a few other places that I think have a similar stain.

Trying to show the difference between what's near the top of the water, and lower down. seems darker up above.

- - - Updated - - -

PAGirl, yeah, that would have been helpful! Maybe I can stalk facebook - I know the names of the previous owners, and they had teenagers... kids post stuff, and don't check their privacy settings!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This is Day 5 of our SLAM. Day 4 with filters in place.

9:45 am
FC 10
CC .5
CYA 20, maybe less. It definitely was still visible at 30. Do I just need to wait and retest in a day or so, and keep treating this based on CYA of 30 for target FC?

You are doing it! WOW what a difference! CYA-I added some in the morning by squeezing it all out at once. I had the pump on high all day. I tested in the afternoon and it tested at my goal CYA! We are learning it shows up shortly after it is all dissolved and mixed in good.

Kim:cat:

The lights appear to have been left out of the niches when the pool was last winterized. We've haven't gotten them out to clean them yet.

Regarding CYA - Why would it be showing as less than what target was? Do you think I didn't put in enough for my water? or maybe did some of it get caught and washed away in skimmer socks and/or the filter cartridge?

2:15 pm

FC 9

this week is full of running around with kid activities, so less time for the pool. Glad we did so much work over the weekend!

Im Hoping that we can get in the pool this weekend when it's sunny and hot!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.