New Salt System Opinions

camador42

Aug 8, 2023
Miami, FL

renderTimingPixel.png

So it’s time to replace my 10+ year old Solaxx salt Chlorinator system
My options are an Pentair iChlor30 or a Jandy TruClear.
I’ve heard good things about the Pentair and also bad things. The 1 year warranty scares me.
I know nothing about the Jandy but it does have a 3year warranty.
I have an ancient 15 x 30 pool that came with the house.
You thoughts or experiences on these 2 units is appreciated. Is the Pentair an upgrade from the solaxx?

Hey Camador and Welcome !!!

Both Pentair and Jandy are a step up from the Solaxx, but the two models you referenced are their budget models which sadly aren't as robust as the IC20/40/60 and aquapure.

At that point, you might as well stick with a new Solaxx. At 10+ years, it deserves a consideration to go 10 more years. Were you unhappy with it in any way ?

Reactions: markayash
I would stay away from the iChlor30 and get the intellichlor IC40 or IC60 if you go with Pentair. Their warranty is 2 year if self install and 3 years if installed by professional. I have been very happy with my IC40.

Thanks for the feedback. So this is a learning process for me.
I have had two professionals recommend the iChlor 30. They know the size of the pool is 15 x 30

Any guesses as to why they would not be recommending a system 2 x the pool size?

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. So this is a learning process for me.
I have had two professionals recommend the iChlor 30. They know the size of the pool is 15 x 30

Any guesses as to why they would not be recommending a system 2 x the pool size?
Ask those “professionals “ how long you need to run the cell daily at what % to generate the chlorine your pool needs?

It takes very little to be a pool professional.

Reactions: proavia

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
As far as upgrading down the line. Could I add an IC40 cell to the same power supply as the Ichlor30?
Yes, they use the same Power Center however the cell size is different and will require a bit of PVC work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.