New Pump Recommendations?

My Hayward variable speed has died. A friend's father can get me a new pump at wholesale. What should I be looking at?

17,000 to 18,000 gallons; "kidney bean"
Pentair SWG
DE filter
Southern California
Pentair Intelliflo 2 or 3( wi fi capable) would be my choice,others will respond with more detailed information @ajw22 or @Mdragger88

If you want automation and you have the IntelliChlor IC40 then get an Intelliflo pump.

You can then look at adding the Pentair IntelliConnect or IntelliCenter Lite which will control the Intelliflo pump, IC40, and your lights. Anything else you want to control?

If you want automation and you have the IntelliChlor IC40 then get an Intelliflo pump.

You can then look at adding the Pentair IntelliConnect or IntelliCenter Lite which will control the Intelliflo pump, IC40, and your lights. Anything else you want to control?

I think that sounds pretty good! Controlling the lights would be awesome. They're on a rocker switch and I really don't like the method of changing colors, so this is cool 🤘🤘

I appreciate everyone's help!

I think that sounds pretty good! Controlling the lights would be awesome. They're on a rocker switch and I really don't like the method of changing colors, so this is cool 🤘🤘

I appreciate everyone's help!
If you can’t find the answer on this forum you won’t find it anywhere else and if you do it’s most likely a tall tale or made up nonsense

Reactions: fatboy1271
I have a intelliflo and if I wanted to replace it with another flagship pump I would get the intelliflo 3, solely for the newer design. If it was unavailable, I could not go wrong with another intelliflo.

But the flagship pumps have become insanely priced IMO and I'd go with the 3HP calimar for $519 if the pump blew tomorrow. 4 of them would have to fail in the normal lifespan of a Pentair pump to lose money amd statistically speaking, the 1st Calimar likely would go the distance.

*disclaimer, I have no automation and never will so I'm free to mix and match equipment.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I believe you can also do the Intelliflo3 with relay board and control your lights and SWCG from the Pentair Home App without the added expense/work of “full” automation like Intellicenter.

I believe you can also do the Intelliflo3 with relay board and control your lights and SWCG from the Pentair Home App without the added expense/work of “full” automation like Intellicenter.

Depends what level of automation is desired.

Using a relay board does not give SWG % adjustments or status.

I don't think Pentair color LED lights on an IO Board relay will give color selection on Pentair HOME app.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.