Tom R

Apr 4, 2024
Sacramento, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a Jandy JHP1.5 Stealth pump with a Century 1.5 hp (1.95 thp) motor manufactured in 2003. I need a replacement motor for the pump and I'm looking at variable speed motors. I have an 18,000 gal in-ground pool that receives infrequent use. I have seven 4' x 12' Heliocol solar panels on a second story roof supplied by 2" pipe (110' total length of pipe to end of last panel). Pump is 25' from the pool and has a 2" supply lines from both the skimmer and the floor. I'm looking at the Century V-Green motors. They come in 1.65 , 2.25 and 2.7 hp. Any recommendation on which would be the best replacement?
Thanks in advance for any advice!

Welcome to THP.

You need to match the motor HP to the pump impeller and the motor HP has to be equal to or greater then the impeller HP.

With a 1.95 HP impeller the 2.25 motor would be the best fit.

I have a Jandy JHP1.5 Stealth pump with a Century 1.5 hp (1.95 thp) motor manufactured in 2003. I need a replacement motor for the pump and I'm looking at variable speed motors. I have an 18,000 gal in-ground pool that receives infrequent use. I have seven 4' x 12' Heliocol solar panels on a second story roof supplied by 2" pipe (110' total length of pipe to end of last panel). Pump is 25' from the pool and has a 2" supply lines from both the skimmer and the floor. I'm looking at the Century V-Green motors. They come in 1.65 , 2.25 and 2.7 hp. Any recommendation on which would be the best replacement?
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Do you have automation? Century EVO EVC225 is the best choice. Pump will still be a 1.95 THP maximum as the impeller determines that rating.

Thanks for the responses. I do not have automation. It looks like the EVO 2.25 hp is my best bet. Unfortunately, it is preprogrammed, so I guess I'll just have to try out the programs to see which one works best. Anyone have experience with the Nidec Neptune pool motors. They offer more control.

Thanks for the responses. I do not have automation. It looks like the EVO 2.25 hp is my best bet. Unfortunately, it is preprogrammed, so I guess I'll just have to try out the programs to see which one works best. Anyone have experience with the Nidec Neptune pool motors. They offer more control.
They, the Nidec, are great motors. That's what I would use. I have installed several. More than the EVO. Only mentioned the EVO as I thought you may have had automation.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to go with the Nidec. Just trying to find a supplier. There are not many choices.
Wild West Pool Supply is a good online store that has them. Not many local guys have them. They do at Leslie's, but about $70.00 more. Depends on how fast you want it.
Don't forget a GoKit. Its GoKit 77 for a JHP. Has the shaft seal and O rings needed to complete the job if you do it yourself.

Last edited: