New Pool In Central Florida

The pool is finished!!

This is the initial fill. (kind of scary looking water coming out of our faucets. the fire-up crew said you should see Port Orange, FL)
swimmingpool_greenwater1.jpg

This color concerned us, which gave rise to this thread, Help-Water Color.... After hearing from people here, we were hopeful that it would turn blue later.

Sure enough, about 30 minutes after the fire-up crew got here, it started to get blue.
swimmingpool_greenwater2.jpg

Then we did some landscaping behind the waterfall.
swimmingpool_greenwater3.jpg

We still have more landscaping, patio furniture, outdoor kitchen, things like that to do. But thanks to all for their help and kind words.
Now it is time to swim. :cheers: :party: :whoot:

Had to order my TF-100 test kit since the startup kit that comes with the pool says that they include test kit. Instead I got 10 test strips, so I ran into my computer and ordered the TF-100, within 20 minutes it was shipped. That is service!!!

Really, really nice.

Reminder - with a new pool that has a waterfall going, and a SWG, keep an eye on chemicals, especially pH. I buy the box with 2 gallon jugs of acid from Lowes, but sometimes Pinch A Penney has it even cheaper.

Brentr said:
Looking good :whoot: and I love the landscaping. The work has now begun :cheers: :cheers:
257WbyMag said:
Beautiful. I like it very much.
lbridges said:
Really, really nice.
Thank you very much. It was a lot of hard work. Amazingly, I think we put in more total hours than the pool builder.
Especially when you consider all of the supervising I had to do. :whip:

Your pool is beautiful and constructed so fast! Enjoy. We are still waiting for ours. Signed contract may 5th and started last week of May. They are working on the deck this week and hopefully installing the pebbletec and hooking up equipment next week. I'm so ready to swim!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.