North GA Pool Rebuild Saga

We're in a bit of the usual "project heck" every project gets into. Haven't made much progress in last week due to weather. Did find out we had to order 5 more pallets of pavers, so that hurt a lot.
This week we should see the gazebos go up, decking finished, and shed going up - Weather permitting.

I can put an obligatory photo of the gazebo base and leveled foundation

Last edited:
Reactions: Newdude
I haven't given an update in awhile. This project has turned to an absolute disaster. My contract has been consistently no showing me. It was supposed to be (optimistically done) March 6th. It's now April 3rd and he's ignoring my emails and texts, and just responding that "We're working on it" in different ways, implying I'm being unreasonable.

When we've made progress, I will update here with the "happy" pictures.
I am cautious that the laminar jet still isn't hooked up and they don't seem to really know how it works. They drilled an overflow hole in the skimmer that is causing me to lose ~1500 gallons every time they fill itup.

It's been a complete nightmare, but we're hopeful it'll be done soon - I can update all of you, and then we can actually enjoy the pool.

Reactions: Newdude
Hang in there TDT. Construction tests the patience of most people. And by 'tests', I mean it's a miracle more people don't end up in jail.