New Build - Rectangular - Phoenix, AZ

:whoot: WOW! Take a pic of a piece for us to see the color!

Kim

The color is 'Boulevard Light' .. almost 'marbleish'. We wanted a very light color that will stay relatively cooler in the AZ heat. Here's a piece for color comparison :)

IJ8mNQf.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

make sure it's the right color! Both our palettes were wrong.

Thanks for the tip. I will go through the pallets and their labels.

Your travertine is going to be exquisite!!! What a beautiful color - you're right - more like a marble. Gorgeous. Tell the paver guys to please, please hurry! Suz wants to see it. Ha ha!

It's quite slow going. They haven't yet started near the pool..but have put down the travertine in other areas - this is in a courtyard. Here's a sample. There are some variations to the almost marble texture, but it looks nice overall.

SQ47mjn.jpg

Oh, that IS exquisite!!! I want the variation, otherwise, it would look very flat. The variations give it depth and interest! Absolutely beautiful!!

It's slow going here, too, with the travertine. Watching them makes it easy to understand why. All the slope engineering, etc is amazing. These guys really have to know their trade. Of course, I'll know for sure how well they've done after our first big gully washer!

Keep the pictures coming - they're wonderful!
Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I noticed last night on Patrick's West Texas build you mentioned wanting some sort of screen for your pergola. I'm not sure what you had in mind, but here is a picture of one I liked for my 'someday' pergola.
Suz.

Thanks, Suz! I did see them before and they run around $22 / sqft. But we are putting a fan under. So I will need something in the top.
Thinking of rolling out a "window" screen mesh on top :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they run around $22 / sqft.

Ouch! Do you sew at all? It looks like a a pretty straight forward curtain installation. I wanted Roman blinds for a couple of traverse windows in my house. When I priced them, I decided it was time to learn how to make Roman Blinds. I don't ever want to make roman blinds again, but I saved hundreds of dollars.

I almost forgot to say the Travertine looks amazing. This was the last straw for me, I am going to have to look into using Travertine in New England, and color options. It is so pretty!

In colder climates, you can use travertine with no problems. In fact, the roman colosseum is built using it :). Only issue with freeze/thaw cycles is to prevent moisture from getting into the stone with effective sealing. With good sealing, travertine will not have problems in cold areas.

Getting closer! Are they as white as they look? That is going to be pretty when it is done!

Kim

Yes, most of them are like marble white. Some have a variation and a few are dark.

This seems to give it a "depth".. Have to see how they turn up in the end after everything is done.

We are putting in approx 1400 sqft of travertine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.