New Build - Rectangular - Phoenix, AZ

A few pics of the glass tile on the 'wall'

B7EOCXe.jpg

Quite iridescent ... wish I could do this for the whole pool! Maybe next pool ;)

phULUY3.jpg

Another angle..

EsdNVc1.jpg

Curious to know if you are still going with the PS Blue Surf? We are starting a build and can't find this color anywhere yet in a pool.

Yes, Blue Surf it is... We have completed the decking.. landscape and pergola work is next. After this, we will have the PebbleSheen done... we have scheduled the PebbleSheen at the very end to minimize contaminating the pool!

I cannot wait to see your Blue Surf!!!! I think it would have been perfect for my pool and tile I chose. For me and decorating, 20/20 hindsight is always my best... I just didn't have the moxie to try Blue Surf without first seeing it in person. But I can't say I hate the Blue Granite. I only wish it were more blue which I think the Blue Surf will do just that.

I also want to applaud you on your glass tile and waterline tile. It's not often that I've seen two both with blue color that work so beautifully together. They really complement each other perfectly!!!

Fabulous!
Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow.. you guys are making me nervous :) ... It's going to be at least a couple of weeks before you can see the color! .. don't know the exact date, yet.
Landscaping next week.

I came across @ldcsteeler's pool (#17) and the rocks behind the blue is exactly the color of the desert, here in AZ.. and it goes well with the pool's blue. This is what I am hoping to get... only time will tell.

Suz, Your pool with Blue Granite is really awesome.. I love the triangle tiles.. but my PB is charging too much to add these..
Our pool is quite shallow (3' to 5') and I thought the Blue Granite will be a little pale - it goes well with deep pools, though. Our first choice was the Aqua Blue, but that was before the S(m)urf came out!

Oh wow! Once my pebble was installed I didn't check back with the website! I think you've picked a beautiful color!

It's so hard to say about depth and water color. I know it intensifies the color, but it also depends on the surrounding colors. Sunbaby's pool is almost one depth or at least a sports pool depths. And her Blue Granite is fabulous! I love it. My pool has a 7' deep end which does bring out more of the blue, but overall in the bright sunlight, my pool looks very pale. I do get a lot of shade which is good for me. And there are times of the day that I love the Blue Granite.

I think you definitely made the right choice if you don't want pale. And with your tile - smashing!!! So don't worry - you're going to love it!!!

I can't wait for you to get your pebble! This is exciting!!!
Suz.

Blue Surf Time!

5:30 AM
vI75IKa.jpg

Splash of blue.. love it already!

8bryvdV.jpg

Closeup of Blue Surf!

vaJc62u.jpg

I asked the PebbleTec guys if they will add abalone shells - they had it in their truck! So, for $200 total, I had a generous helping of abalone shells in the mix.
They even hand-sprinkled a healthy 'extra' dose of abalone on the shallow areas and the walls. Totally cool!

NfOTZ6P.jpg

Another view - sun is strong in this pic - so the blue seems to be washed out.. but it is a really nice blue!
BXNix7k.jpg

Acid wash is tomorrow - this is prior to acid wash.

fQfoJnx.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.