Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Easy Touch 8 programming question

1. Back To Top    #1

League City, TX

Lightbulb Easy Touch 8 programming question

I have a dedicated Pentaire VS pump for my 18' negative edge. I have a schedule set to run at 1500 RPM for 7 hours a day. (more for skimming and ambiance than water turnover) This low speed allows water to trickle down the stacked stone edge wall and I like that. HOWEVER, when a lot of people are swimming or we are having a party, I like to turn the pump up to 3K RPM and get sheeting action over the edge and also get quick return for bather surge reasons.
    Is there a way, without going into settings and manually adjusting speed, that I can program a button on the remote/panel (I have one open) to override the schedule and RPM and turn up the RPMs with a single touch?

Thanks in advance.
    16' x 40' - 35,000 Gallon, IG, Negative edge, Black Onyx Pebble Sheen. 7' x 7' below water spa. Pentair 60 sq ft DE. 2 Variable speed Pentair pumps (One for negative edge only) Intellibrite LED lighting in pool, spa and catch basin. Pentair racer with 3/4 HP booster. Wireless Easy touch 8, Pentair Intellichlor SWG, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater. Travertine coping and deck pavers. 2"x12" black glass waterline tile.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Easy Touch 8 programming question

Yes, you would label the AUX circuit you want to use with whatever label (edge high?) you want to call it, then go into the intelliflo/speeds and assign the speed to want to run at then on the botton line assign the aux circuit you want to use to run the higher speed (edge high)
    20X40 30,000 gallon gunite pool