Harris Variable Speed 1.5 HP Schedule

Jason46142

May 19, 2023
Indianapolis IN
Pool 29k gallon
3 returns
1 floor drain
1 skimmer basket

I just installed a Harris VS 1.5 hp pump. This is our first VS pump and we are relatively new pool owners.

It has two preset schedules one is a 16 hour and other schedule is a 24 hour schedule.

Recommendations on which schedule to run?

16 hour schedule
S1 - 3 hours - 2400 rpm
S2 - 5 hours - 1500 rpm
S3 - 3 hours - 2400 rpm
S4 - 5 hours - 1500 rpm

24 hours
S1 - 6 hours - 1500 rpm
S2 - 3 hours - 2400 rpm
S3- 9 hours 1500 rpm
S4 - 6 hours - 2400 rpm

Is there no way to adjust the rpm? No way you need that high of rpm, nor even that long of run time unless you have a SWCG or other extenuating circumstances

Really depends on your pool. The information you have given implies you add liquid chlorine daily, no water features, no heater.

So start the pump at 1500 rpm and see if that skims the surface. Run it for six hours a day. Add your chlorine during the pump run time.

Really depends on your pool. The information you have given implies you add liquid chlorine daily, no water features, no heater.

So start the pump at 1500 rpm and see if that skims the surface. Run it for six hours a day. Add your chlorine during the pump run time.
Sorry about that
We have an inline chlorinator and gas heater.

We are currently running the heater. I’ll likely turn the heater off by the end of May.

So the heater will require a certain rpm to operate. You will need to determine that.
The inline chlorinator is not a sustainable way to maintain your pool water chemistry. And it likely will require a much higher rpm to erode the tablets to get anywhere near enough chlorine each day. I suggest you read How to Chlorinate Your Pool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.