iAqualink programming question

El Robbie

Jul 31, 2018
Marietta, GA
I have what I hope is an easy question re programming my iAqualink 3.0.

I have a Jandy VSP ePump, 600-3450 rpm. Filtration schedule set to run at 2000 most of the day with two periods of 2800 rpm to help with skimming. All of this works fine.

We have "water features" (spa overflow, scupper) powered off the same pump. When we're enjoying the pool, we like to have the water features turned up for aesthetic purposes. I set up a One Touch scene which, when activated, increases the pump speed to full 3450.

For some reason, when I turn the "water feature" scene off, the pump doesn’t return to filtration mode but simply turns off. I have to manually turn the filter pump back on, and if I forget, there’s no water filtration until I notice the water isn’t circulating and manually turn it back on.

FWIW, when I turn on the "water feature" setting, both the "water feature" one-touch icon and the filter pump icon are lit. When I turn off the water feature setting, the filter pump icon turns off as well.

Behavior is the same whether I manually turn off the water feature or have a timer turn it off automatically.

Is there any way to have the system return to filtration mode when the one-touch scene is turned off?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I think your problem is that what you call water feature mode is simply filtration mode at 3450 rpm versus 2000 rpm.

If you turn water feature mode off you are turning filtration mode off. Both modes use the same pump.

Water features is a change pump speed to 3450.

Return to filtration is resume pump speed 2000.

You don't want to turn either OFF. You just want to change the pump speed.

What you say makes perfect sense, but I can’t quite figure out how to do it.

Under System Setup -> VSP Setup -> … -> VSP Speeds, I set up three pump speeds: low 2200, med 2800, and high 3450. Under Schedule, I set up two intervals each of low and med. Then (and it sounds like this is where I went wrong) I set up under One-Touch, Filter Pump ON, everything else off. Tapped VSP Assign Speed, High Speed on, everything else off. Assigned the One Touch icon the name Water Falls.

What SHOULD I have done to simply change speeds? Thanks!

I don't have any experience with the One-Touch to know.

I think it will take two button pushes to get back to filtration at 2000 RPMs. The reason is the higher speed takes precedence. So you need to cancel the Water Feature, which means turn it off, to get the pump back to 2,000 RPM. And that will turn off the pump.

Maybe @PoolGate has other ideas.

This is why I stopped using the OneTouch buttons. If you turn it on with OneTouch, when you turn the OneTouch button off, it will also go off, not to what was previously set.

Try this instead. Assign the water feature Aux to a pump speed. Change the pump speed name to custom and type a descriptive name. Now when you turn on that device, the pump will change to the new speed. But when you turn it off, the pool will remain on "pool" speed.

1690477274205.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.