Programming Question

jackugadawg

Aug 21, 2023
??
I am having a problem programming some of my Pentair equipment. I am trying to program my Edge Pump to run for 30 minutes every morning. I went into my Pentair Easy Touch control panel, selected the edge pump, and set a run time from 8:00 AM to 8:30 AM. However, when I changed the control panel from Service Mode to AUTO mode, my Pentair Intelliflow VSF pump (Pool/filter pump) looses it's programmed setting of a 2 speed, switches to a 4 speed, and displays a "Display Not Active" message. Apparently when the control panel is put in AUTO mode, it overrides the the programming in the VSF pump. Is there a way to override the main control panel, and use the programming in the VSF pump?

TIA

When the pump shows "Display not Active" it means the pump is being controlled via the automation system through the RS485 cable. No manual settings are active when in AUTO mode.

In Service mode, so long as the pump is powered, the programing in the pump will prevail.
Calling @Jimrahbe to provide you any other guidance.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Jack,

I have no clue what you are doing.. Why not just schedule the EasyTouch to turn on your Edge pump????

Why would your main pump be set up as 2-speed pump??

Your pumps were designed to be controlled by the EasyTouch.. The Service mode is not used for normal operation, it is for when your pool guy comes to do Service on your pool.

It could be I just don't fully understand what you are trying to do... :scratch:

Show me a couple of pics of your equipment pad and maybe we can get to the bottom of your issue.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: HermanTX
Jack,

I have no clue what you are doing.. Why not just schedule the EasyTouch to turn on your Edge pump????

Why would your main pump be set up as 2-speed pump??

Your pumps were designed to be controlled by the EasyTouch.. The Service mode is not used for normal operation, it is for when your pool guy comes to do Service on your pool.

It could be I just don't fully understand what you are trying to do... :scratch:

Show me a couple of pics of your equipment pad and maybe we can get to the bottom of your issue.

Thanks,

Jim R.
I did scheduled my EasyTouch to turn on the edge pump. The tech that installed the Variable Speed Pump told us NOT to run the pump at top speed (Speed 4). So I want to run my main pump at speed 1 or 2, but can not do that in auto mode. I am looking for a way to bypass the EasyTouch panel and run my VSP at a slower RPM. Sorry if this is confusing to you.

Jack,

Something is not right, as your EasyTouch can run your pumps at whatever speeds you want.. The idea that you have to run them at the preprogrammed speeds that the pump has stored inside them is just not correct.

Here is an example of my pump speeds... You can see that each "Circuit" has a speed assigned to it. Your system should have the same thing. But, you should have two pages, one for each pump.

I am pretty sure that I am not the one that is confused.. :mrgreen:

I'd be glad to help, if you want, but need to know more about what equipment you have..

I assume that you have two IntelliFlo VSF pumps, a main pool pump and an Edge pump..

Are both of these pumps connected to your EasyTouch with an RX-485 com cable that plugs into the control head on each pump? Several pics of your equipment pad would be great!!

What model EasyTouch do you have? A pic of the front panel would be perfect.

Do you have ScreenLogic or do you use Pentair remotes?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.