Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Pool In Central Florida

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool In Central Florida

I have lurked on this site for a year now reading everything and now I am finally ready to go.

We signed a contract 2 weeks ago and now the permit is with the county.

We can't Wait!
    15,000 gallon in ground free form pool (500 sq ft) with waterfall, 4x160 Intelliflo Pump, IntelliChlor IC40,
    Rheem Heat Pump with cooling, Cartridge Filter, Quartz WhiteGem Finish, Auto leveler, Pavers.
    My Pool Build

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool In Central Florida

Welcome and good luck with the build.
    Geometric 16X36', 16K gal, shotcrete, exposed aggregate plaster, acrylic coated concrete deck/cantilever coping;
    Pentair equipment suite (EasyTouch w/wireless, 2 Intellibrites, Intelliflo VS-3050, C&C 200 Filter, IC-40 SWG);
    Heliocol solar panels, Rocky's Roller, Blue Diamond robot

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes, welcome to TFP and just so you know, we love pictures!
    2005 Dimension One Venture model 370 gal. hot tub. We'll be using the TFP method to keep it clean and ready to use!
    TFP - The Finest Phorum on the Net!

4. Back To Top    #4

We just got word they will be digging tomorrow, (Tuesday) or Wednesday.

Thought I would post before pictures.

We had some dead grass and it was between re-sodding or putting in a pool.
    We went the $30,000 route instead of the $200 re-sod. (never have been good with money)

15,000 gallon in ground free form pool (500 sq ft) with waterfall, 4x160 Intelliflo Pump, IntelliChlor IC40,
    Rheem Heat Pump with cooling, Cartridge Filter, Quartz WhiteGem Finish, Auto leveler, Pavers.
    My Pool Build

5. Back To Top    #5

They came out and started the dig.
    The skid loader dug out some sod and the guy came out to layout the pool.
    Before he started I had visions of him just using orange paint to lay it out and me coming back later and
    increasing the size of the pool with my own can of orange paint.

Before the layout.

A little bit more complicated than orange paint.

They are coming out tomorrow to actually dig the pool.
    My Pool Build

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome to TFP , please post pics and questions and concerns are welcomed
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

7. Back To Top    #7

Nice layout. Are you adding a railing to help get in and out of the pool? The only reason I'm asking is my father lives with us, he'll be 80 in a few weeks, and we're looking at adding one to assist him in getting in and out of the pool. It's easier to add now, then later.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Brentr
    What he said ^^^

Bunch of us Floridians on here to help discuss your concerns/issues other places may not face.
    Geometric 16X36', 16K gal, shotcrete, exposed aggregate plaster, acrylic coated concrete deck/cantilever coping;
    Pentair equipment suite (EasyTouch w/wireless, 2 Intellibrites, Intelliflo VS-3050, C&C 200 Filter, IC-40 SWG);

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by bobodaclown
    Nice layout. Are you adding a railing to help get in and out of the pool? The only reason I'm asking is my father lives with us, he'll be 80 in a few weeks, and we're looking at adding one to assist him in getting in and out of the pool. It's easier to add now, then later.
    No, we hadn't really thought about it. I will inquire with the PB about that. Thanks.
    My Pool Build

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by lbridges
    Quote Originally Posted by Brentr
    What he said ^^^

Bunch of us Floridians on here to help discuss your concerns/issues other places may not face.
    lbridges Totally agree
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

11. Back To Top    #11

Digging has started.

Excavator in the backyard

Deep end viewed from 2nd story.

Steel later today and finishing tomorrow, inspection then gunite next week.
    My Pool Build

12. Back To Top    #12

Wow - the walls look so straight - I didn't know there was dirt in Florida, mine was all packed sand that fell in with excavation.

13. Back To Top    #13

Good looking start!! Are all the houses in the nieghbourhood the same colour? Good luck with the rest of your build!
    16x32 inground vinyl 8' deep end
    1hp Northstar Pump, 20" Sand Filter
    6ft Double Lounge, 2 Aqua Lamps w/remote
    216sqft Sungrabber Panels (9- 2'x12') a little undersized

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by haybird
    Good looking start!! Are all the houses in the nieghbourhood the same colour? Good luck with the rest of your build!
    They are not all the same color but they all were painted by the developer so you can imagine that there is not that much difference. All of them pretty neutral.
    My Pool Build

15. Back To Top    #15

Steel is done!
    Inspection tomorrow, then Gunite Monday or Tuesday.

My Pool Build

16. Back To Top    #16

good looking dirt- can I have it? I got about 2 acres of backyard that some numskull used as a fill area 10 years ago, now I can't get anything to grow!
    24ft x 52in AGP 18000 gal
    sand filter, 200#,1.5 hp single speed pump
    Wood deck (still in progress...)

17. Back To Top    #17

Looking great!
    33k Gunite, CompuPool CPSC48 SWG, Sta-Rite System 3 DE, 2.25hp dual-speed, POOLVERGNUEGEN Pressure-side

18. Back To Top    #18

Gunite Started Today!!

Trucks In The Street, bright and early!

Shooting

Video of Shooting Gunite
    [youtube:2mbuqc7y]Z_Acp6ipN3Y[/youtube:2mbuqc7y]
    My Pool Build

19. Back To Top    #19

Here are the final pictures from gunite.

I hope I am not putting too many pictures up for people.
    My Pool Build

20. Back To Top    #20

No way!! It looks great
    IG Plaster 20,000gal, attached spa w/ spillover, hayward C12002 cart filter, 1 1/2hp pump w/ polaris 360
    6/16/12 - PH 7.6, FC 6, CC 0, CYA 30, TA 80, Calcium 310

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast