Zodiac Z4 and Intelliflo VS

Car54

May 19, 2020
Tampa
Hi All,

I recently installed an Intelliflo VS with my Zodiac Z4. I have the control cable ran and I'm understanding that the panel on the pump is locked out with the Z4 in charge. I have setup my pump speeds and am working through that just fine.

My question - is there away (outside of scheduling) that I can call up SpillOver mode or just run the pump wide open for a fast skimming session or something? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe the Z4 has OneTouch which is kind what I think I really need.

Thanks in advance!

I don't know a lot about the Z4 but I believe it has a wired remote that can be used to manually turn on/off any feature controlled by the Z4. Not to mention the usual iAqualink interfaces like SmartPhones. Can you post a pic of the unit?

My question - is there away (outside of scheduling) that I can call up SpillOver mode or just run the pump wide open for a fast skimming session or something? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe the Z4 has OneTouch which is kind what I think I really need.

Your installation manual is here -> https://www.jandy.com/-/media/zodiac/global/downloads/h/h0386500.pdf?force=1

I don't understand what you want to do.

You have SPILLOVER enabled in one of your LABEL AUX setting?

You can set the spillover to run in schedules.

If you want to change the pump speed at the time of the SPILLOVER run then change the pump speed in schedules just before the spillover runs.

I am confused as well. The Z4 allows you to manually turn on and off anything that you have. Can you post a picture of your actual Z4 screen?

Hey guys, thanks for the help.

My spillover is controller but JVA. I can set this up with a schedule but cannot find a way to manually change to spillover without manually switching my return JVA. Example, often times I like to run the spillover with pool heat so we get a lot of spa heat with some pool heating during events at home.

I thought the AUX was just for 120v relays and not for valve position.

I’ve been through the manual and can’t find a way.

Thanks for the responses.

I thought the AUX was just for 120v relays and not for valve position.

See the note in 7.7. It changes the AUX to trigger the JVA instead of the relay.

Assign SPILLOVER to one of your AUX.

218CAA17-FA3C-4DA0-952D-68DA577AA536.png

Thank you AJW!!! That did it! I also setup my solar for 3450rpm and added it to AUX3 so I can run at full pump if needed. Speed1-8 didn’t seem to do it. I actually don’t have solar heat.
Now I just need to play around with it to see what combo affects pump speed. Like spillover is 2000rpm but heat is 2250...does highest pump setting win, or first pump setting.

thanks again all!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.