Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
This thing works great and keeps my pool spotless but everyone once in a while it gets stuck in the same corner of my steps. Any ideas? I have the suction adjusted per the rotation of the wheels like the directions said.

Attachments

• 5C58BC87-DCD5-4C4D-9E4D-DAC8C6D79BE0.jpeg
    5C58BC87-DCD5-4C4D-9E4D-DAC8C6D79BE0.jpeg
    433.9 KB · Views: 18
I posted this a couple weeks ago on another thread. I finally gave up. But increasing the suction might work.

"I used the MX8 for almost 10 years. I went through two of them. I replaced the scrubbers with the ones from the elite I bought on ebay. When it worked it was great. My issues with it were it would get stuck in a couple of spots in my pool. I had to buy something new for it every year such as turn gears, rubber wheel bans, new hose, etc. Again when it worked it was great. But a slight change in pressure would cause the hangups. I have a dedicated wall fitting for it. By the way speaking of the hose, I used regular cheap hose. You can find a replacement fitting for a vacuum hose, cut off one of the ends of the lock hose and now you can use any hose you like.
I ended up replacing it last month with a M400. It was a pain to remove and replace the MX8 and with the robot I only use it about once a week.
If I decide to go back to a suction cleaner i would get the MX8 again."

I tried increasing suction but then it comes out of the water and sucks air, plus makes the skimmers less effective. The suction is perfect now, and both skimmers are effective. It goes to the waterline but not enough to suck air. I have zero other complaints, and it only happens every few weeks. Was thinking of emailing zodiac as well.

You can try putting something in it's way before the spot to maybe head it off. I never tried this but I've read others mention doing this. Not a rock but maybe some plastic coated scuba weights.

I am still having this problem. I emailed zodiac to see what they say. I have a dedicated suction port that I can control with jandy valves at the equipment pad.

Mine would get stuck on the stairs too, the pool is vinyl and the stairs have a few wrinkles, I just took out a section of hose so couldnt get there and brush the stairs off when I put mine in. Do you have the mouth piece in it still? making taking that off would help, as long as you're ok with it not going up the steps.

Zodiac replied to my email and said other than adjusting the suction, the only other way to control the clear is mess with the float on the hose. He suggested move it closer to the cleaner and see if it helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.