Mboni

Mar 26, 2021
Toronto
Hey guys

new to having a brand new pool installed. I really don’t know what the difference is with this Zodiac Fusion Soft Salt System and Hayward’s Salt System. Can anyone who has the zodiac share there experience with it? What is the major difference? I really appreciate it.

M,

Let's see what @PoolGate has to say...

I believe that the Fusion soft salt also has a mineral cartridge which TFP suggests that you never use..

The two system do the same basic thing, as far as generating chlorine, but they are manufactured by two different companies..

Poolgate loves his.

Thanks,

Jim R.

M,

We do not recommend any system that add Minerals to your pool water. In theory, they let you run with less chlorine, but they really are a bad solution to a problem that does not exist. They can stain the pool and make blond hair turn green...

The Fusion Soft works great, just don't put the mineral cartridge in.. And yes, it costs more because they want you to replace the cartridges every few months and they cost 10 x what they are worth.

The salt in a saltwater pool is what makes the water feel so good.. You don't need anything else..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Fusion soft is a great swg. You don't need to use the mineral cartridge the rest is a high quality swg. Don't hesitate it's a tier 1 system.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thanks @PoolGate excited to say the least. Any feedback on zodiac versus Hayward salt machine?

I have only used the FusionSoft so can't comment on the other one. It overproduces a lot I only have to run it on my 29k gallon pool at 53% (24x7) to maintain a chlorine level of 7. One thing I will say is after 4 seasons my cell stopped working. The plates looked fine no signs of scaling. Turns out the center electrode had corroded all the way through. Jandy/Zodiac sent me a free replacement cell no questions asked (I was within a week of the warranty ending). I am not sure what causes this but from now on with the new cell in the winter when I close down the pool I remove the cell and store it indoors. I use the old cell to cover the hole.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.