Zodiac Baracuda G3 Suddenly Always Stuck on Stairs-SOLVED!

theninjachachi

Jul 28, 2021
Arizona
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I've had the Zodiac Baracuda G3 ever since I moved into this house about 2 years ago and it's been pretty effective at its job for what it is. For some reason a month or two ago, it suddenly always seems to get stuck on the stairs. This never happened before and I'm not sure how to prevent it. The deflector wheel happens to be at exactly the same height that it takes to get stuck on the stair... See attached for a picture. Has anyone dealt with this before? I can't get my mind around how to fix it or what would even suddenly cause this.

Attachments

• IMG_0644.jpg
    IMG_0644.jpg
    630.4 KB · Views: 20
I've had the Zodiac Baracuda G3 ever since I moved into this house about 2 years ago and it's been pretty effective at its job for what it is. For some reason a month or two ago, it suddenly always seems to get stuck on the stairs. This never happened before and I'm not sure how to prevent it. The deflector wheel happens to be at exactly the same height that it takes to get stuck on the stair... See attached for a picture. Has anyone dealt with this before? I can't get my mind around how to fix it or what would even suddenly cause this.
I just started to have the same problem! I've had the cleaner now for about 2 months. It worked great, nevre got stuck. NOW, it seems everytime I look ou the back yard window it's stuck on yhe love seat/steps...the SAME location evrytime. I free it and it looks like it has a mind of it's own, it circles the pool, then heads right back to the same spot to get hung up....what';s up with that???!!! After a coupl,e of months of no hassles?? Pressure is correctly set, I sed the tool (gage) when I installed it. The filter is clean. Nothing is different other than now it gets stuck regularly....UGH....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.