Zinc anode placement help

If you have a spare valve then it’s fine. Normally you wouldn’t put a $100 valve in the place of a $5 tee but if it’s not being used then there’s no reason to waste it.
@JoyfulNoise see pic for birds eye view of inlet and outlet of heater. I'm not sure a 3 way valve would fit with a tee. Would I get a smaller tee that would fit inside the 3 way valve?

Attachments

• 20210807_133646.jpg
    20210807_133646.jpg
    359.9 KB · Views: 12
The Raypak headers have ridiculously close spaced connections. You can use two 22.5° PVC elbows to create a jog in the line which will add some space. The jog created will have less loss than using two 45’s or two 90’s.

Example fitting -

In attempt to stay one step ahead of builder, I'm researching how to properly prep ground to apply pool krete. We have many loose rocks and very dry soil. Should they first remove loose rocks and soil? And then should they tamper the remaining soil down before applying poolkrete? Can they use compressed sand to fill in gaps?

Also, the concrete footer has been poured but it did not fill in voids under the walls like I had hoped. Do builders typically fill in voids under walls with pool krete or with a less expensive concrete?

Attachments

• 20210808_072431.jpg
    20210808_072431.jpg
    522.6 KB · Views: 18
f the railings are not in contact with the pool water the anode will not do anything for it.
I believed this too but my sr smith stainless steel ladder has been in the pool for 3 months. The ladder is attached to the bonding grid as is the anode. The ladder is now starting to rust. Starting to wonder does the anode even provide any protection?D69DDDB2-BFDE-4ACD-BFFA-AB29838BF046.jpeg

Rust is a chemical reaction not an electrolytic reaction that a zinc anode may prevent.

Reactions: Aquaman7

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Also, the concrete footer has been poured but it did not fill in voids under the walls like I had hoped. Do builders typically fill in voids under walls with pool krete or with a less expensive concrete?
When the installers did my pool floor they filled it in with poolcrete. When there done you won’t even see those openings anymore.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.