Zero chlorine and 7.0 Ph

Without CYA in the water, the chlorine will last only an hour or so with the sun on the pool. So add more chlorine and add the CYA.

You will have to add the chlorine every day. Every day.
Ok will do. 8 oz? Can I still float today? Should o run and get stabilizer to get CYA to come up? Thanks!

8 oz of 10% liquid chlorine adds 3 ppm FC to your pool. If you add it now, without CYA in the water, it will be gone in about 3-4 hours. You need some CYA.

Without CYA in the water, the chlorine will last only an hour or so with the sun on the pool. So add more chlorine and add the CYA.

You will have to add the chlorine every day. Every day.
Hi, I got the stabilizer and put it in a nylon which I squeeze daily. I’ve also been adding chlorine daily as recommended. I tested chlorine yesterday. Combined chlorine and total chlorine are both reading 7.5-15 on the Taylor scale. I’m guessing that’s better since before they were both clear. But combined chlorine - total chlorine is still 0. What does that mean? Thanks!

You need to test before adding chlorine now that you have CYA in the water. Some days it will take more, some days less.

You state two different results of testing. Help us out in what your are doing.

You need to test before adding chlorine now that you have CYA in the water. Some days it will take more, some days less.

You state two different results of testing. Help us out in what your are doing.
Oh sorry. According to the Taylor K-2005 kit videos, the first test is combined chlorine (5 drops each of reagent #1 and #2) and then total chlorine is measured by adding 5 drops of reagent #3. If I understand their directions right you subtract TC From CC to give you the chlorine level? The kit shows this - oh wait - CL is 7.5 and whatever “Br” is is the second number (showing 15). Good heavens I’m REALLY not this dumb! So CC and TC are both reading 7.5. If you subtract TC from CC it’s 0. So is my chlorine level still zero? Yes I tested before I added any chlorine.

Attachments

• IMG_1317.jpeg
    IMG_1317.jpeg
    151.3 KB · Views: 9
You are showing the pH side of the block. Is that a pH test or chlorine test?
Ignore Br. You do not have that in your water.
With the DPD chlorine test, you are measuring FC first, using the R0001 and R0002 reagents. You then use the R0003 regent to get TC, which is FC (first measurement) plus CC. So you take the TC (second measurement) - FC (the first measurement) to get CC. I would not bother with the CC part. So just do the first measurement, and that is your FC.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You are showing the pH side of the block. Is that a pH test or chlorine test?
Ignore Br. You do not have that in your water.
With the DPD chlorine test, you are measuring FC first, using the R0001 and R0002 reagents. You then use the R0003 regent to get TC, which is FC (first measurement) plus CC. So you take the TC (second measurement) - FC (the first measurement) to get CC. I would not bother with the CC part. So just do the first measurement, and that is your FC.
Ok. Got it. Sorry my picture is unclear. I should’ve circled the LEFT block. Please ignore the pH side. I don’t have my kit with my so I tried to use a picture I had to answer your question as you’re helping answer my question. So - if I understand you correctly my “chlorine” is 7.5. Is that good? Oh as a side note the BOX my pool came in shows it’s 1070 gallons! That’s a pretty big difference from the calculation I did using TFP 10’x36” (as close as I could get to 30”) of 1870. Yikes!

That is what you are using to test your Chlorine. The R0001 and R0002 reagents are DPD reagents.

Please do help us understand how you’re measuring chlorine. I’ve never seen anything like you are using in the picture you posted above. The main thing that doesn’t make sense is that I‘ve never seen the chlorine side of that type of tester be red in color. I’ve only seen yellow for the chlorine side. And, the scale seems way off. Mine tops out at 5ppm. Not saying what you’re doing is wrong, I just don’t understand it and would like to. Thanks.

Please do help us understand how you’re measuring chlorine. I’ve never seen anything like you are using in the picture you posted above. The main thing that doesn’t make sense is that I‘ve never seen the chlorine side of that type of tester be red in color. I’ve only seen yellow for the chlorine side. And, the scale seems way off. Mine tops out at 5ppm. Not saying what you’re doing is wrong, I just don’t understand it and would like to. Thanks.
I’m using a Taylor K-2005 test kit. Believe me if you’re confused by it imagine how I feel - I’m a TOTAL newbie! 🤦‍♀️

Attachments

• IMG_1347.png
    IMG_1347.png
    248.9 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: pb4uswim
Great. You want to get down to the 3 to 5 ppm range.
So test this daily until you get down to that area. Be sure to test each time before you add chlorine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.