yet another DFW pool build thread

yeah, the only real info I could find about how/when to use it was "and add during the first 500 gallons (2000 litres) of new fill water" from some documentation on their site. I went ahead and brushed/stirred it up tonight so it's not just sitting on the plaster.

I'll post some pics of the pool with water some time tomorrow. gonna get some initial readings done before adding the 2 chlorine pucks in the skimmer tomorrow per the PB instructions. I took some initial measurements from the hose fill when we filled up the standalone hot tub (CH 110, TA 130, pH > 8.0, FC 3, CYA 0) so I suspect we'll be in a similar boat. appears getting the pH down and stable as the plaster cures figures to be the first hurdle.

PB came out yesterday and added some MA, chlorine pucks and calcium from what my wife said. Tested this morning as follows:

FC: 1-2
pH: 7.2-7.4
TA: 150
CH: 240

we do a fair amount of streaking on the steps/walls but PB seemed to think that'll improve with the added MA and continual brushing. I don't see much, if any, plaster dust kicking up when I brush but I hope he's correct. wants us to keep FC between 1-2 and pH between 7-7.5 (seems like a WIDE range to me)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.