Yet another build in SE Pennsylvania!

sorry for stupid questions, I have a raised stone spa with 3 foot waterfall, can't think of anything else I would add.
what is the purpose of a grotto? is it the look from outside? is it just to swim in for a minute and then swim out? will there be maintenance concerns since the sun doesn't hit it, will a polaris go in there?

Johnl said:
Looks like your pool is making great progress. I love the look of the stone.
John - Thanks, I was floored by the work they did. It came out amazing! Those guys are artists. I haven't been home yet, but judging by my security system it looks like they installed one of the fire water bowls today. Electric should be done tomorrow and then Pebble Sheen is next week. Almost swimming!

jp4120 said:
sorry for stupid questions, I have a raised stone spa with 3 foot waterfall, can't think of anything else I would add.
what is the purpose of a grotto? is it the look from outside? is it just to swim in for a minute and then swim out? will there be maintenance concerns since the sun doesn't hit it, will a polaris go in there?

Not stupid at all. I guess it depends on the purpose. I didn't want a spa in the pool itself, I am looking to get an external spa so I can use it all year. Since I didn't get a spa in the pool I went with the grotto. Still a nice area to sit back and relax in. Also a great place to hide from family & friends when you rather not deal with them :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.