Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Hi All,
I returned from vacation after 2 weeks to learn that there is yellow stain around pool water edge and shallow end. The most noticeable is on two steps which exit pool and have 2 inches of water.
Before I left on vacation i raised the chlorine to slam level and left swg at 13 % enough to maintain chlorine.
Currently everything is good in water excrpt ph went to 7.7 and I noticed yellow stains around and are most noticeable in shallow end. Please advise

Attachments

• IMG_2127.jpeg
    IMG_2127.jpeg
    687.8 KB · Views: 9
Take some vitamin C tablets, put them in a sock and rub them over the staining. I have just a bit of iron in my pool, and I get a bit of yellow staining on my white steps, looks the same.

I will try vitamin c table today. I had it tested at leslies and it shows 0 iron and 0.2 cu. Not sure if this changes suggestions

Attachments

• IMG_8398.jpeg
    IMG_8398.jpeg
    317.3 KB · Views: 4
It might be organic. Try this next...

To determine if you have an organic stain place a trichlor puck on the stain for a few minutes to see if it lightens or removes the stain. If it does then the stain is organic. To remove organic stains raise the FC up between 60% and 100% of shock level for your CYA, Chlorine / CYA Chart, and brush often, daily if you can. Be careful to not leave the puck for long with the vinyl....just rub it around a bit.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nah, he bought a K2006 a year or two ago. I'm assuming he went for the metals tests...
Pool store is unreliable. Pool store is ok for metals. Test strips are unreliable. You can test metals with test strips. I'd treat my ich fish with copper and have to use a test kit. This is like grade 7 high school science here. lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.