Yellow ring round pool and brown marks on steps

02katlou

Aug 30, 2020
United Kingdom
Good morning,

I am a new pool owner. I have a bright yellow ring round my pool (tried eraser, brushing, soap water and will not lift) and brown stains on the steps (I have tried a vitamin c on this and the stain did not lift).
I have attached pictures. Could you please advise on what can be bought to fix this!

Look forward to your reply.
Many thanks,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    489.7 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 30
Is this a vinyl, fiberglass or plaster pool? When you said you tried an eraser- do you mean a "Magic Eraser" ?

Can you tell me what chemicals you use in the pool? That really is a bright yellow ring.....baffling.

Maddie

I beleive the yellow stain is from suncream and body oils but I am not completely sure.

If so, over time chlorine should help bleach that line. It almost looks like fake tan or dye.... anyone using those products who swim? I'd up your chlorine level a few points for a while and see if that helps along with scrubbing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.