Yellow Out chlorine question

I had the exact same thing happen to my pool this week. I have yet to clean out the filter as stated by the instructions. My free and combined is super low and I can’t get it to go back to proper levels. I think once k. Lena the filter it will return.
Welcome to TFP!

What are your test results? What type of test kit are you using?

Also note that mustard algae is very rare.

So I thought I had yellow algae in my salt water pool and I bought Yellow Out to treat it. What a disaster since! It seemed to suppress my free chlorine level and I can’t figure out how to get it back up. I followed the instructions and cleaned my filters. I did the treatment this past Thursday and still no luck. When I use the Taylor and the CTC test it falls in line with Leslie’s results. With the CTC test it’s slowly goes from clear to yellow which in the past was really fast to do and now is slow. From what I’ve read it’s an indicator of low FC. I’m about to start over with dumping the pool water, Im so frustrated now. Leslies sales rep suggested it was the phosphates and I should treat it for that. My salt level is about 3800 not what it shows there per my digital reader. I read in another thread that the reason I can’t fix my FC is due to it contain ammonia.

Attachments

• IMG_3858.jpeg
    IMG_3858.jpeg
    194.8 KB · Views: 6