Yellow algae

I would not do too much based on those numbers, we dont really trust them. Keep adding 5ppm of FC daily until you get your test kit, then the real fun begins.
Hello again. Raising my chlorine level seemed to take care of the beginnings of what I thought was going to be yellow algae. Very sparkly. My CHL is maybe around 10 right now or a bit higher. My kit arrived. But it's a bit intimidating! I tried the chlorine test unsuccessfully so will try again tomorrow. It seemed like I would have to use a huge amount of agent to get it clear. I was using the auto stirrer. Maybe I should have just swirled by hand? I will see what tomorrow brings. Also was a bit disappointed that the graduated cylinder for the CYA stops at 100. That was the main point for me since I am around 130--I can only guess with it.

For your CYA test dilute your pool test water 50/50 with tap water, test and double the results.
Use the 10 ml sample size for FC and each drop is counted as 0.5ppm. Do it by hand and again with the speed stir. Learning how to properly test is part of the art of proper pool maintenance. Have fun with it.

You have a SpeedStir, there is no need to swirl by hand. That is just frustrating, I never swirl by hand. Run a full set of tests and then post them here. At that point you get get the best advice.

Honestly, that looked like normal algae to me. Get your test numbers and we’ll see where you are!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.