Year 2 of Pool and Water is cloudy.

noejr007

Jun 19, 2023
Heath, TX
I have a fiberglass pool 11,000 gallons and have been running chlorine tabs for the last 14 months. My CYA was 240 so I used Bio Active to bring it down to 40 now. My plan is to start using liquid chlorine but not sure if I can or should use the rest of the tabs I have left. They are the BioSilk complete 3in1 tabs. Last year my pool water looked great and had no issue other than the CYA. I live in the Dallas area so lots of sun to eat the chlorine. Any tips? My buddy came over and used hit test kit and here are my results.Screenshot_20230619_215011.jpg

Reactions: cdadams1223
Welcome to TFP! :wave: It's safe to assume your water is cloudy as it is the onset if algae. Your FC is way too low when compared to the FC/CYA Levels. You need to obtain your own proper test kit, either a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C, then follow the instructions on our SLAM Process page. Using one of those kits is the best way to ensure your water is clear and sanitary.

Also bookmark our Pool Care Basics for lots of helpful info. If your have any questions let us know.

Reactions: cdadams1223
Welcome to TFP! :wave: It's safe to assume your water is cloudy as it is the onset if algae. Your FC is way too low when compared to the FC/CYA Levels. You need to obtain your own proper test kit, either a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C, then follow the instructions on our SLAM Process page. Using one of those kits is the best way to ensure your water is clear and sanitary.

Also bookmark our Pool Care Basics for lots of helpful info. If your have any questions let us know.
Hey Splash! I was the friend that tested 007’s pool. The water was not significantly cloudy but it wasn’t TFP clear. It registered at best a .5 FC and .5 CC.

Noe, get the TF-100 kit so that you can start checking your FC levels as you slam your pool. Might want to double check your CYA level because that will determine how much FC you use during the SLAM process. SLAM level is 40% of your CYA level or in your case 16, i.e., maintaining your FC level at 16ppm. Read through the links Splash provided and definitely read and reread the SLAM process page to know when you’re good to go. Good luck amigo!

Attachments

• IMG_2861.png
    IMG_2861.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.