Yard lights won't turn off?

jedi5

Aug 2, 2022
SoCal
A while back I had posted about not being able to turn on the yard lights which are wired into the Hayward
Omnilogic control panel.

Fast forward and yesterday I finally found out that it was because of a faulty outlet, LOL.

So the lights now work... sorta.
They are able to turn on with the Omnilogic control panel programmedschedule.
This morning I turned the lights on by accident on the app.
And now I can't turn them off unless I unplug them.

I've tried the Hayward app and the control panel and nothing turns the lights off.

Am I missing something I didn't try??

Thanks

Could be a stuck relay in the Hayward panel controlling the light circuit.

You have a multimeter?

You know how to check continuity?

I would expect you to have ways that I don't

View attachment 471834

(Hang tight)
Hahahaha
These lights do not respond to the force!

Could be a stuck relay in the Hayward panel controlling the light circuit.

You have a multimeter?

You know how to check continuity?

Have no idea how to check for any of that.
I reset the breaker to the Hayward panel and transformer thinking that might trip something.
Nope.
Nada

Have no idea how to check for any of that.
I reset the breaker to the Hayward panel and transformer thinking that might trip something.
Nope.
Nada
Then you will need to call someone who has the electrical chops to look at your Hayward panel.

we moved over the summer so we have a home warranty, i'll get a claim going.

am i needing an electrician or someone who knows about pools/control panel??
More about how the Hayward panel controls the light through the relay.

You don’t need a licensed electrician. You do need someone who understands how electricity and relays and computers work and has diagnostic abilities. It is fairly straightforward to trace continuity and voltage and figure out why the light is not turning off where it should. But you need to understand how the light turns on and off.

we moved over the summer so we have a home warranty, i'll get a claim going.

am i needing an electrician or someone who knows about pools/control panel??
You need a pool electrician. Most electricians get confused when working with pool automation. Hire a pool pro that is familiar with automation. As was pointed out, it could be a stuck relay. A simple check if you know where to look. You might be able to call Hayward for a service tech in your area. Your home warranty should have someone able to work on your system.

You need a pool electrician. Most electricians get confused when working with pool automation. Hire a pool pro that is familiar with automation. As was pointed out, it could be a stuck relay. A simple check if you know where to look. You might be able to call Hayward for a service tech in your area. Your home warranty should have someone able to work on your system.

Yes, just called the warranty company.
Explained the situation and they are sending a pool technician.

Thanks everyone!

Reactions: newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.