Central NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
We're in the process of concluding our pool build and we noticed a large wrinkle off the top step and onto our sundeck. An 1/8 to 1/4 high and 8-10" long. My wife has told me to deal with it as it isn't noticeable and she does not want to deal with any more construction. My father in law said wrinkles are part of a vinyl liner and even though new the fix can be worse than the solution as we have to drain below the sun deck and the liner even though new may develop a wrinkle or more wrinkles elsewhere. My concern is does this impact the integrity of the liner and instead of replacing in 8-10 years I am replacing it in 2-3. Does anyone have any experience? Two pool techs told me that they can't fix it, but would not comment on potential long term damage. I attached a pic and the wrinkle is about 3 squares off the step.pic wrinkle.jpg

I have 2 or 3 of those. Not an issue to be concerned. You might be able to use a plunger to get it flat but I'd just leave it as is. It would be a bit of a miracle to have a completely wrinkle free installation and the installer noted mine was a fairly tight fit.

As long as you keep the pH in line, the liner will have a good long life. Low pH can actually cause more wrinkles.

Reactions: Wobblerlorri
I have a 14' AGP, and my floor is full of wrinkles. Don't believe the instructions when they say to fill with about a foot of water then kick the wrinkles out!! That's already too much water and too heavy to "kick" any wrinkles out.

Tell the wife that there's nothing to be done about it, and to consider it a feature. I honestly can't tell where your wrinkle is!

Thanks everyone. This is the first time my wife is fine and I am not. Lol. She is tired of the builders and wants to be done. I just didn’t want to spend 60k on a pool and then another 5k and deal with a liner repair place in another 3 years. Glad to know wrinkles aren’t something that will creat a weak point and a tear if someone steps on them. I am used to gunite pools.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.