Would you go with TWP100 or Sherwin Williams SuperDeck deck stain?

May 20, 2012
Hello,

I live in Kansas City, MO and need to re-stain a very large wooden deck around 2 sides of a very large plaster pool. I've historically used Olympic Maximum Cedar Naturaltone Semi-Transparent Exterior Stain and it only lasts for 2 years. Wondering if anyone has ever used TWP100 or Sherwin Williams SuperDeck deck stain as the reviews seem to be very good. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)

I recommend Sikkens Cetol SRD. Not at all cheap but great stuff.

thanks for posting. Looking for the same answers.
Old deck - 350 square feet, getting tore up pretty bad and should've stained 1-2 years ago.
New deck - 400 square feet, was fairly wet when installed two months ago.

- - - Updated - - -

I recommend Sikkens Cetol SRD. Not at all cheap but great stuff.

when did you use this product?
RECENT reviews don't look that great http://www.amazon.com/Sikkens-Translucent-Cetol-Exterior-Finish/product-reviews/B00L3I7E16
YMMV

My use was over 10 years ago. And it just now needs recoated on vertical surfaces. I did see some of that, and I also agree with the people that questioned those bad reviews saying how can it peel when it soaks in. Something didn't jive. I'll absolutely buy it again for my use but I understand your concern based on those reviews. It is more of a product marketed towards pros (at least in the past it was - I heard about it from a pro) and I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

If you have a Timberpro UV dealer nearby I'd go with that.

Not uncommon for decking / fencing to not go gray after 8 years.
(the show room here has a half stained wood plank they had on their roof for that time)

It's not cheap, but eco friendly and amazing looking in a wide variety of colors.

They make it to order.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.