Would you buy one with the remote control feature again?

tenderfoot

Bronze Supporter
Aug 10, 2017
North/TX
I am gonna have to buy another pool cleaning robot. The one I have had remote capabilities through Bluetooth. However, I know that the robots these days come with WiFi remote capabilities instead.

In any case, if you have remote control capabilities in your robot, what do you use it for? Could you live without it?

I only found one semi-useful purpose for the feature: it allows you to see the error code that is causing the malfunction. That's cool and all, but it did not help me resolve my issue, so I don't need the information if I am not going to be able to use it. :)

Thanks for your input!

I use my remote drive to turn to me and and climb out. Only other option would be to try to do it from the control panel, which is too far under porch, or pull on cable, which I don't want to do with swivel. Live without??? How much we talking in $$$ would decide that.

Reactions: tenderfoot
TF,

Using the cable to pull the robot over to the side of the pool has no effect on the cable, swivel or not. Obviously, you can't use the cable to lift it out of the water.

Years ago, I bought a Dolphin Premier with a remote. I used it once... the day I got it, and never used it again. All my new robots are the Dolphin S200 "style" robots with no bells and whistles that I will never use. No sense paying for something unless you really need it.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I am gonna have to buy another pool cleaning robot. The one I have had remote capabilities through Bluetooth. However, I know that the robots these days come with WiFi remote capabilities instead.

In any case, if you have remote control capabilities in your robot, what do you use it for? Could you live without it?

I only found one semi-useful purpose for the feature: it allows you to see the error code that is causing the malfunction. That's cool and all, but it did not help me resolve my issue, so I don't need the information if I am not going to be able to use it. :)

Thanks for your input!
How frustrated will you be when the Wi-Fi quits working?

I have a Dolphin M500 which I am able to control with an app on my phone. If I didn't have that ability I would have had to buy a new controller as the controller has stopped responding to touch. I think the controller is about $300. The Dolphin is almost 5 years old and still going strong. From what I have read here, it is probably near end of life so don't see buying a new controller at this time.

The only feature I would like to have with a remote with WiFi is the ability to start the cleaning process remotely. On days when I play golf, I would like to put the robot in, and then on the 15th hole start the cleaning cycle. Then have a few beers after my round and come home just as the cleaning cycle is finishing so the pool is perfectly clean. I know I can probably do this with a smart outlet but I would like the robot to have that functionality.

I understand that this is a first world problem.

I have an Active30, that has remote controls through my phone. I use it when the robot's clean cycle is nearly done and there's some stubborn dirt near the steps that the robot keeps missing. It's the only way to get the robot in the perfect position to ride along the edge of the step where it meets the floor.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.