HappyClimber

Jun 14, 2022
Pennsylvannia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello everyone and thank you for reading. I used TFP methods last season and it was great. This year I have had a tough time keeping up with testing and adding chlorine and have struggled with algae. I also added a solar dome heater and I wonder if that has made a difference. Anyways the pool Information should be in my signature I hope; above ground 16,000gal vinyl lined. It's old, so I want to make a minimal investment. My husband can handle plumbing and electrical so we could do the instal. Questions are, what model SWG and size should I go with? What do I need to hook it up, I think I need an inline timer to make sure it runs a minimum amount each day, currently I turn it the 1hp pump on and off manually. I try to run it while sun is on the solar heater each day (10-4ish). And what else do I need to figure out before I can do this, oh and are these things likely to go on sale, and is buying a used one an option?

Thank you!!!!!20230804_151716.jpg20230804_151736.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
currently I turn it the 1hp pump on and off manually.
Me too. I turn it on in April and I turn it off in November. :ROFLMAO:

If you were to turn on the pump and swg yourself, you wouldn't need a timer. Nows the time to consider adding a timer to each, to save you the trouble. Or it could always be revisited down the road.
Questions are, what model SWG and size should I go with?
Consider a RJ45 or RJ60 from circupool. A 1x unit has to run 24/7 to produce enough FC in the peak season, a 2x in 12 hours, 3x in 8 hours, 4x in 6 hours. With a SS pump those extra hours will be spendy.

• Love
Reactions: HappyClimber
This summer I upgraded from my single speed pump and liquid chlorine to the Circupool RJ60+ unit along with a variable speed pump. Pump runs 24/7 at varying speeds for a heck of a lot less money than my single speed pump did running 10 hours a day. The RJ60+ is a great unit and the cell is clear so you have a nice visual to see it working. It was a DIY install. I wish I had done this years ago.

Reactions: markayash
Hello everyone and thank you for reading. I used TFP methods last season and it was great. This year I have had a tough time keeping up with testing and adding chlorine and have struggled with algae. I also added a solar dome heater and I wonder if that has made a difference. Anyways the pool Information should be in my signature I hope; above ground 16,000gal vinyl lined. It's old, so I want to make a minimal investment. My husband can handle plumbing and electrical so we could do the instal. Questions are, what model SWG and size should I go with? What do I need to hook it up, I think I need an inline timer to make sure it runs a minimum amount each day, currently I turn it the 1hp pump on and off manually. I try to run it while sun is on the solar heater each day. And what else do I need to figure out before I can do this, oh and are these things likely to go on sale, and is buying a used one an option?

Thank you!!!!!
Here are a few pics

Circupool website will give a pretty good summary for each. For purchasing, it’s hard to beat Discountsaltpool.com. That’s where you can get the upgrade to the next size for $10 when you add the item to your cart and then upgrade it.
I went with the “RJ-plus” series because of the great warranty it had, the superior 15,000 hour cell life rating, the amount of chlorine production it can generate and it’s ability to make adjustments in 5% increments for fine tuning.

Mine is on an in ground pool setup with schedule 40 rigid pvc pipe. I’m not familiar with installing one on an AGP with flexible piping. Maybe one of the other members can provide pics or further info.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.