Worth getting a used Dolphin S200?

xcfmx

Jul 27, 2019
Houston, TX
I can get a used Dolphin S200 that was used for one season for $360. I know the warranty doesn't transfer and that's my hold-up.. Should I pull the trigger? I have an old pool with only suction cleaner availability sharing the skimmer.

X,

My first question is why is the owner selling it? I would buy it, if I could see it run for a full cycle.

I have bought several older Dolphins and found the prices often did not include the power supply, which is about $150 bucks.

That said, I am not a risk adverse person...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Seller says they no longer live at a house with a pool. It is a gamble, yes. Just wanted to get the opinion of everyone if that price was good enough to take on the risk.
I would have thought if they owned the house and sold it, they would throw in the robot. If they were renting, selling it to landlord would make sense.... Ask to see their test records and original receipt for the 'bot.

I bought a refurbished from ebay for 100 less plus an ebay cupon 20%, so it was a deal and had warranty for 1 year. Has not failed me yet, im about to change the cord but that due to several terrorist attack from my belgian waffle dog.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I bought a refurbished from ebay for 100 less plus an ebay cupon 20%, so it was a deal and had warranty for 1 year. Has not failed me yet, im about to change the cord but that due to several terrorist attack from my belgian waffle dog.

how long ago did you buy it?
Mind sharing the seller’s name?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.