Wiring question - Intermatic P1353ME

hydog

Aug 18, 2013
Newbie here - and looking for some guidance....

Am replacing a mechanical timer with the P1353ME - and am hoping someone can help with a recommendation on wiring setup.

Pretty simple system:
Hayward Ecostar Variable Speed Pump
Jandy Aquapure SWG

Any help is appreciated. The more searching I do, the more I question the configurations...

Thanks all.

You do not use a timer on a variable-speed pump like the Hayward. It requires constant power and its internal timer/control will cause it to run the programs that you enter. There are programs built in, but they are fairly generic and may have the pump running longer or faster than necessary.

You can, and should, switch the power on the SWG. Have it come one about 15 - 30 minutes after the filter pump starts and turn off about the same before the filter pump. It can be connected to the P1353ME.
The P1353ME only "breaks" one leg of the power unless you configure it to the proper "Mode."
You didn't mention a booster pump.

If you are not familiar with electricity and wiring, it is much safer to pay a professional familiar with pool equipment to wire it. Safer for you, safer for your equipment. If you are not able to wire it using the diagrams included with the device, its better that you don't try. The voltage that you will be using is not something to play with.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.