Wiring for solartouch + VSF pump

Chuckiechan

Jun 10, 2014
Roseville, CA
Which wiring diagram do I use in the Solartouch book, to make them run together. I expect to get the pump soon. They don’t spell out the hook up clearly enough for my comfort zone.

I have a timer box* with one timer I plan to use for my salt system. Ive got that figured out, and it will just turn on salt during programmed clean time. The pump and solar will not be involved with the timer.

That is the main box older pools have where main power comes in and is distributed to salt, pump, etc.

Thanks in advance .

Chuck,

If you look at the SolarTouch manual on page 19 you will see the RS-485 connector where the cable from the pump is attached.. The cable comes with the pump, and has two wires, Yellow and Green.. The Yellow wire goes to the connector marked Yellow and the Green wire to the Green connector..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Chuck,

I was just trying to explain how the IntelliFlo is connected to the SolarTouch.. The RS-485 cable is how the SolarTouch tells the pump to run.. The pump has to be wired to constant 240 volts from your circuit breaker panel.. This 240 does not go through the SolarTouch and no relay is involved.

The SolarTouch still needs AC power to work, so if you are using 240 volts, then you have to wire 240 from a breaker in your circuit breaker panel to the AC1 and AC4 inputs inside the SolarTouch.. I see no reason why the IntelliFlo and the SolarTouch can't get power from the same circuit breaker..

The relays inside the SolarTouch would only be used if you were using a single speed pump or booster pump.

Please let me know if that is not clear..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Have you gotten the solartouch working with the VSF pump? The solartouch manual is old (pre-VSF) and states that it is recommended for the VS model and not recommended for the VF model. I called pentair and they couldn’t give me more info and whether it works well with the VSF pump. Thanks.

It works fine.
Simply put, program one is like a base “power on” program since your Solar Touch won’t turn on an “off” pump. So only when program 1 is running, can program 2 (your solar touch default) turn on.
For example. Set program one to run from 1pm to 6pm. Any time in that window, the Solar Touch can ramp up the pump for solar.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.