Wiring for Fireman's switch

joeg679

May 28, 2017
NJ
I just got the Hayward H150FDN heater. I have a timer that was connected to the old heater and to the pump/filter. The connection to the heater is a red, black and green wire combo. There's a fireman's switch with 2 black wires, connected to a brown wire (2 pieces), which was going to the old heater. I'm not sure where to hook those wires up to, in the new heater - any ideas? Do I even need the Fireman's switch? I've read that newer heaters don't require one, but I want to make sure. Thanks for the help.

Joe,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all your new heater questions... :drown:

Do you have some sort of automation system? If not, then you don't need the fireman's switch.

The switch allows some outside controller to turn the heater on/off.

If you plan to do that manually, at the heater, then no switch is necessary.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Joe,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all your new heater questions... :drown:

Do you have some sort of automation system? If not, then you don't need the fireman's switch.

The switch allows some outside controller to turn the heater on/off.

If you plan to do that manually, at the heater, then no switch is necessary.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thanks - looking forward to helping people, where I can.

Yes, I have an intermatic timer. I'm replacing an old heater that had the fireman's switch connected, but don't know where to connect it to on the new one.

I can't offer advice as to where it hooks up but I wouldn't go without it. We installed a new Raypak heater last year and the manual still it recommends running pump for 15 minutes after heater is shut off to cool down internal pieces. Having the fireman switch on our intermatic timer takes the worry out of causing possible damage to the unit!

I can't offer advice as to where it hooks up but I wouldn't go without it. We installed a new Raypak heater last year and the manual still it recommends running pump for 15 minutes after heater is shut off to cool down internal pieces. Having the fireman switch on our intermatic timer takes the worry out of causing possible damage to the unit!

Ok, thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.