Wiring EasyTouch to Jandy JXi Heater

gnr5

May 28, 2019
Miami, FL
Hi all,
I'm hooking up a Jandy JXi gas heater to my EasyTouch automation, the heater is powering on with no problems, but I want to hook it up to my Pentair Easytouch so that I can control it from there. The Jandy is replacing an old Pentair heater that used this low voltage wire:
1612010714189.png

The Jandy board looks like that with a SPA / POOL / COMM connection:

1612011143663.png

Question is, should I strip out this wire and hook it up to the pool and comm, according to this manual I found online its the way to do it, but not sure if there is a better way to do it. I want to be able to control as much as possible like increasing, decreasing temp, and turning it on and off from the EasyTouch.

Thanks!

Your heater can be controlled three ways.. RS-485, three wire, or two wire.. The only one that will work with an EasyTouch is the two wire connection.

You need to connect the two wires to "Pool" and "Com" on the remote connector on your heater board..

It works like this... You set the heater to run remote and set the temp to max hot.. The heater will not operate until the heater relay inside the EasyTouch calls for heat. You use the EasyTouch to adjust what temperature you want the pool to be.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: RivercityJeff
Ok, so to confirm, strip the wire I had originally that was going to the previous heater (the green and yellow on my picture above) and use Pool and Com. Does it matter where the green and the yellow go?

Your heater can be controlled three ways.. RS-485, three wire, or two wire.. The only one that will work with an EasyTouch is the two wire connection.

You need to connect the two wires to "Pool" and "Com" on the remote connector on your heater board..

It works like this... You set the heater to run remote and set the temp to max hot.. The heater will not operate until the heater relay inside the EasyTouch calls for heat. You use the EasyTouch to adjust what temperature you want the pool to be.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Assuming that the other end of the wire is connected to the gas heater connections on the main board of your EasyTouch, then it does not matter which wire goes where..

Basically, the wires just get connected to an open set of contacts.. When the EasyTouch calls for heat, it closes the contacts which tells the heater to start heating.. When the water temp gets up to the temperature you have set in the EasyTouch, then contacts open and the heater stops heating.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.