Wiring 2 speed pump for 115V

ErnieB

Feb 21, 2020
Las Vegas
I have a 2 speed pump (Aqua-flo Flo-master XP2) that was wired for 115 V. It was taken out and now that it is to be put back, I need help in wiring it back. I know the green wire goes to the pump ground, the white wire goes to C (common) but I don't know if the black wire goes to H or L.
Ernie

The black wire would go to 120 volts (Hot). Are you saying you have more than 1 hot to choose from? Is the line 220 volts? If so, you could use either leg of the 120 volt hot (red and black usually). Use a multimeter to confirm volts. Pics would help!

Welcome to TFP.

This a spa pump or a pool pump?

There is usually a data plate on the pump that shows the wiring diagram. Post pics of the labels on the pump.

What will you use to switch between HIGH speed and LOW speed on the pump? Or do you want to wire it to run at only one speed?

What model spa is it going into?

I don't think we can tell you if the pump should be running on H or L. I would try it on L first and see how things work.

That data plate says it is a 230V motor, not 115V. One hot leg goes to C and the other 230V leg goes to H or L depending on speed you want.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.