Winterizing Intex pool in NH

May 21, 2016
hill, nh
Looking for some advice on winterizing my 18ft intex pool. I live in NH. The first year we had an intex pool I took it down and boxed it. Over the winter the mice chewed through it. For the past 10 years, we have kept the pool up. Draining below the the holes. We have replaced the pool twice due to rust. This past winter, a 1/3rd of the liner ripped. I m thinking of draining completely. Removing the legs and dropping the ring to the ground. I will leave it like that for the winter. I don't think I should cover it. I'm afraid it will encourage mice. Has anyone had any experience with winterizing the pool like this? Any thoughts or things I might be overlooking? Thanks

Attachments

• PXL_20220323_184843211.jpg
    PXL_20220323_184843211.jpg
    606.8 KB · Views: 11
Welcome to TFP! :wave: I would think that if you leave the material flat on the ground, something is going to try and make a home out of it. Do you think a cheap tarp from some place like Walmart, tucked-up all around the edge of the collapsed pool, might help keep critters away?

Welcome to TFP! :wave: I would think that if you leave the material flat on the ground, something is going to try and make a home out of it. Do you think a cheap tarp from some place like Walmart, tucked-up all around the edge of the collapsed pool, might help keep critters away?
I thought about this. I have a cover for it, but I thought it might be more welcoming if it's covered. Wondering if there is some sort of deterrent I can put around the pool? Was also thinking of waiting till the last minute to drain before the snow comes. Then maybe the mice will be settled in for the winter. I would to just leave it up. Not sure why it split after 10 years and 3 different pools. Very frustrating and expensive.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.