Winter watch

Alc210

Oct 28, 2018
Lansdale
I am a 1 year pool owner. The company I used to close my pool offers a winter watch. They come out and test the pool and add chemicals as necessary. They clean the cover and some other items. The visit anywhere from 2-3 times a month.

I’m trying to figure out opinions if this is something I should do being a new pool owner. My concern is that I open the gunite pool and there are issues. The hope is that this winter watch allows me to open the pool with no problems.

Not sure if this is necessary or just something the pool company is doing just to increase revenue in the winter months

Thanks in advance

Definitely not necessary to do anything to a closed and covered pool, and especially not 2-3 times a month. Cleaning the cover might be nice aesthetically, but there shouldn't be a need to add chemicals to a closed and covered pool and if there is no circulation it could lead to an entirely new set of problems.

I wouldn't bother.

It is not necessary to add chemicals to a closed pool.

Main thing to watch is the water level and pump it down with a submersible pump if you have a very wet winter. If you can do that then no need to pay the pool company to watch your pool.

If we have a cold snow and ice winter nothing can be done on the pool from when snow is on it until it melts and it is free money to them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.