atnmorrison

May 31, 2020
Canada
I'm pretty new to pool ownership. Ive been in a house that has a pool for 3 years now. I've been paying a local pool company to open and close it before and after winter. The first two years when they opened they would pump all the water off the top of the cover then remove the leaves off of it, after which they would remove the cover and it would be pretty clear, there is some small holes in the cover from the previous owner so it's not perfect. This year they just dumped everything that was on the cover into the pool, they didn't pump the water off the cover or remove the leaves before taking the cover off when they opened it so now it's green and cloudy. Just wondering if that's normal?

Left them in the pool, i spent the day yesterday scooping them, at first I tried to vacuum but there were so many i the basket in the pump would fill up immediately. I scooped out 3 big piles so far can't tell how much is left since the water is cloudy. My plan is to scoop as much as I cam then vacuum and get the water tested to figure out what to do from there

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.