Winter leaf nets

stonerbodey

Apr 21, 2020
South Bend IN
Are there any leaf nets for in ground pools designed for over the winter use?

I currently use one in the fall then remove before cold weather here in northern Indiana. Our neighbors have many large oak trees that don't drop all their leaves till spring. Come spring it would be nice to have a winter leaf net to simplify cleaning the late falling oak leaves from the top of the pool cover. A winter net in my situation would be submerged in several inches of water over winter subject to cycles of freezing and thawing.

Something to consider:
I have an AGP and just last week put the leaf net back onto the pool after draining water off the cover. It has kept the old leaves and spring buds out. Maybe you could do the same. Just make sure you pull it tight so it's not sitting in the water so the leaves will come off easily.

DSCN0030.JPG DSCN0031.JPG
I am also hoping it keeps the birds from using the pool cover as their "roman bath retreat" and the grackles from dropping baby bird poop in it. So far so good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.