Wind blocker

Bosley

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Nov 23, 2018
Edmonton, alberta
With winter approaching here in Canada I am looking at a way to set up a wind block for the hot tub. We use it all winter long. Even at -40 but the wind can make it intolerable. We dont want a gazebo because it is nice to enjoy the starry skies. Looking for ideas. I was thinking of using roller shades in 2 foot wide widths and roll them out when in the tub. The problems with this that I see are they will flap as well as probably freeze up in the winter. The other idea is simply put up 3 slat walls for the winter months and take them down in the summer. What have you all done? I have attached a picture for reference.

Cheers

Hot tub.jpg

When you try different wind blocks would appreciate reports on what works and doesn’t.

Funny you mentioned plexiglass. We would love to go that route so our view wont be blocked. I don't know about where you are but a 4X8 sheet of 1/4" is $300. Don't have to go that thick but still pricey!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.