Will the new IC 60 run in freeze mode if it turns on the pump?

ezchief

Gold Supporter
Nov 15, 2019
Frisco, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Can't find the answer on here. Have a situation weather wise this week where my water temps will be above 60 but ambient weather could be in the low 30's and trigger the freeze protect.

Now I do run my pump in winter over night anyway since freeze protect is most likely to trigger over night here. No sense running in day time and then have freeze protect run overnight.

Just curious for these swing months of Spring and Fall in north Texas.
Thanks

It’s fine. The IC’s have an internal temperature probe. If it senses cold water, the IC will shutoff. No need to worry about.

Alternatively, I took FRZ PROTECT off my main POOL program and created a “SLOW SKIM” generic feature circuit (very low speed) that is the only one with freeze protect toggled on. This way, when it gets cold and the pool wants to run freeze protect, it’s nothing more than a very slow speed. Nothing else can get activated. I did this to stop the constant back & forth cycling between pool and spa mode during a freeze event which only serves the purpose to empty a spa and degrade the valve seals.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.